Everyday Mom's Meals: Yes, Another Potato
_____

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Yes, Another Potato

Faithful and regular readers of this blog have probably realized a few things. One, I love my family. Two, I love food. Three, this family loves potatoes. Sounds simple, I know, but it's the truth, so why try to hide from it. We're meat and potatoes kind of people. I come from that "stock" :) But I'm thankful that we are also international foodies---meaning all 3 of us, including Alex love food from around the world and are willing to try new and interesting things. But potatoes are one "staple" I don't see us straying from any time soon. So it's my job to find ways to present them that maybe aren't exactly new, but at least a little different from the "norm". That was the case w/ this idea. I've served roasted red potatoes for years, in many different ways. However, I've never tried the baby golden ones, even though I've passed them in the produce section dozens of times. I'm guessing the most practical reason for this is b/c the red ones are usually reasonably priced in my local market, while the bag of golden ones I purchased was almost $4, and while it was enough for our family, it definitely didn't have as many potatoes as I get when I buy the red ones in bulk. No matter, it was worth the little extra money to try something new and SO delicious. They have a buttery flavor and creamy texture that I've never experienced in a potato before, and I'm very much looking forward to having them again! You can never go wrong w/ a good 'ole potato!

Roasted Baby Golden Potatoes

1 bag baby gold potatoes
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper
Garlic Powder

Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet w/ foil. Cut potatoes in half and place on baking sheet. Drizzle liberally w/ oil and season w/ salt, pepper and garlic powder. (Or the herbs of your choice). Roast for 1 hour. If a knife goes through w/o resistance, they are done. If not, continue cooking for about 15 minutes more.
~Join me for Tasty Tuesday on Formula Mom~


Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Nov. 29, 2011
Shared on Chef in Training Nov. 29, 2011
Shared on This Chick Cooks Nov. 30, 2011
Shared on Newlyweds Blog Nov. 30, 2011
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Dec. 1, 2011
Potatoes at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

3 comments:

JulieF1962 said...

Simple and delicious! My favorite combination!

carolinaheartstrings said...

Wow does that look wonderful. Love your site and your recipes.
We have a wonderful, easy hot sausage dip today. Come visit and check it out. Please be sure to visit us on Friday 12/2 and register to win our wonderful giveaway from the Shabby Apple.

Miz Helen said...

We just love potatoes prepared like this, they are always a winner. Hope you are having a great week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen