Everyday Mom's Meals: Panda Express Please
_____

Friday, June 10, 2011

Panda Express Please

Yeah yeah, I know--Panda Express, the mall food court staple, is not the healthiest of things to put into my body. Duh! That's why it tastes so good. I do love the fact they have a huge sticker on the glass case, on which I'm usually drooling while picking my selections, that says "No MSG". I can only hope that is true!! I love Chinese food and for quick, inexpensive and tasty, Panda Express is one of my favorites. And no matter what I get, I always choose my "staple"--Lo Mein. It doesn't matter what "main dishes" I'm having, noodles are always my side. So why not try to recreate a little of that at home w/ an egg roll supper? I think yes. I found this on Cooks.com and while I'm sure it's not 100% the same, and I did add a few things myself,  I'm hoping it's close enough to transport me to sitting under a plastic apple tree (if Alex is w/ me) beside the carousel, watching shoppers pass by, while eating sweet and salty noodles w/ a little orange chicken on the side!

Quick Lo Mein

1 8oz pkg. spaghetti
1/4 c. salad oil (I'll use vegetable)
1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms
1 medium carrot, thinly sliced or shredded
1/4 c. soy sauce
2-3 TBS teryaki sauce (optional)
1 TBS sugar
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
2-3 green onions sliced

Prepare spaghetti, al dente, drain and keep warm. Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium heat in hot salad oil, cook sliced mushrooms, green onions and carrots until vegetables are tender, but still crisp, stirring quickly. Pour over spaghetti and add in soy sauce, sugar and red pepper flakes. Add teryaki if desired.Toss gently to mix well.


Shared on Everyday Sisters Oct. 23, 2011
Pin It

No comments: