Everyday Mom's Meals: Happy Iced Tea Day
_____

Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Iced Tea Day

So, if I were Hallmark, this is where I would be making a "Happy Belated Iced Tea Day" b/c technically National Iced Day was Friday. It wasn't that I didn't want to celebrate w/ all of you, but when a holiday is to be celebrated, I have to have a gift. And this one snuck up on me so quickly I didn't have anything to give you, and that's just rude. But have no fear, I do now! Ironically enough, this was in my current issue of All You magazine that I had on Friday, but didn't have time to read until now:) But it's the thought that counts right?? I love iced tea, but honestly didn't have anything breathtaking to share w/ you on the subject. We always have a pitcher in the fridge, Earl Grey is our favorite. But my "treat" iced tea.....I have two. One, is the peach iced tea from Olive Garden. And the other is a more recent love. It's the Coconut Cocoa tea (made by Republic of Tea) at New Ground Coffee Company coffee house right here in Fort Wayne. (It's 2 minutes from our house. Let's just say, it and I have a special relationship.) The first time Adam brought it to me, it was love at first sip. It is UH-MAZING!! So if you are in Fort Wayne and haven't checked out the new local coffee shop, please do b/c they are a great group of people. But if you want to make an iced tea treat at home, try this one--I know I'm going to.....a tea w/ a little kick:)

Spiced-Tea Lemonade

6 orange spice tea bags
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. fresh lemon juice
Lemon slices, optional

Put tea bags in a large pitcher. Stir in sugar and 2 c. boiling water. Let cool. Remove tea bags; stir in juice and 2 cups cold water. Chill for 2 hours. Fill 8 glasses w/ ice, pour over and serve w/ lemon slices if desired.

                                             Photo courtesy of All You

Tea on FoodistaTea

No comments: