Everyday Mom's Meals: It Was SO Monday....
_____

Friday, October 26, 2012

It Was SO Monday....

So I think most of us can say that we are not huge fans of Mondays. Or should I say Monday mornings. As the day goes on, I'm fine, but the minute the alarm goes off that first morning after 2 days off, I groan, I moan, I try to rationalize how I can ignore it...and then I suck it up and hit the shower. Now like I said, as the day progresses, I'm good...that is until the curse of Monday morning drags on during the entire day. You know what I mean. The kind of day that everything goes wrong, anything you go to do takes twice as long, and if **it can happen, it will! Well, that was the kind of Monday I was having a couple weeks ago. First off, I hadn't slept well the night before, so I was extra exhausted. Then I was late getting to where I needed to be that morning because I had hung out at the house waiting on the mail...only to remember it was Columbus Day. Then even though I was late, I stopped by the bank to do my normal Monday business...only to remember it was Columbus Day. (Do you see a pattern?) Then after cleaning my mom's house, we were on our way to lunch and needed to stop by her post office...only to remember it was Columbus Day. Yep, it took 3 times for me to remember!! (I told you I was extra tired!) Then the next few hours went fine. Mom and I had lunch, we did a bit of shopping (she treated me to a few nice things...this would wind up being the highlight of my day) and I even got new shoes. That always helps to make the day better, right ladies! Then I headed home to pick Alex up from school, do homework, housework and start supper. This was about the time the day went to hell in hand basket. I got the pleasure of doing extra laundry because Alex had found the wet grass during a game of soccer. I discovered even more surfaces in the house that needed cleaned. I got dirt on my shirt, so instead of changing I just put on my pjs. Alex, having to have his clothes washed due to those pesky grass stains, was in his undies playing video games... and that's when the phone rang. It was my husband. It wasn't a "I just called to say I love you" call. It was a "I just got a flat tire, and need the spare in the back of your car" call. Yep, I got the pleasure of driving 30 minutes north of our house to take him the spare, of course hitting every red light possible, only extending the trip.  And before you ask, yes, I went in my pajamas and my child did put clothes on, but they were ones from the hamper, and his shirt was on backwards (which I didn't notice until we returned home) Yep, we were those people. Thank God nobody saw us! By the time we got home, I knew the pasta supper I had planned was not going to happen; but luckily I had these planned for later in the week and I knew I could have them on the table and us eating before too long. Thank goodness for meal plans that can be adjusted at the last minute if need be! These were quick, tasty and the perfect Monday, I need a break before I cry, supper!

Ham and Cheese Crescents
6 slices deli ham, cut into quarters
1 (8 ct) can crescent rolls
8 slices Velveeta singles cheese (found in dairy section), cut into pieces to fit rolls
1/4 c. honey mustard
Poppy Seeds

Preheat oven to 375. Unroll crescents and separate. Using 1 piece of cheese per roll, lay cheese out fitting onto roll. Using a pastry brush, spread with honey mustard. Add three quarter pieces of ham. Roll up, wide edge to thin. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Press gently to adhere. Lay on baking sheet and cook 15 minutes until golden brown.


Shared on The Country Cook Oct. 26, 2012
Shared on Make Ahead Meals Oct. 29, 2012
Ham at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

No comments: