Everyday Mom's Meals: A Grand Little Pizza
_____

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Grand Little Pizza

Have you ever seen a dish and said "awwww that's so cute."? I know "cute" isn't a word that is used to describe dinner a lot, dessert yes, dinner not so much. But the minute I saw these on a tv commercial that's exactly what I said. Out loud. And yes, I was home alone at the time. Don't judge me. You know you talk to yourself too! I knew these would be a hit at my house. Why? Because I have a little man who is a HUGE fan of not only pizza, but anything that comes in a tiny package. Mini pancakes, popcorn shrimp, mini bananas, he loves them all. (By the way, have you seen the mini bananas in the produce section? Super cute! I am a sucker every time Alex spots them b/c the little monkey just looks too adorable eating a tiny banana!) I wasn't sure how the crust on these would turn out, but it was perfect! Crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. These made a great quick weeknight supper, with a salad on the side. And I know they will be a hit at our next party as an appetizer. They are truly an oxymoron at it's best: A grand little pizza it is!

Mini Pizzas from Pillsbury.com

1 can Grands biscuits- 8 ct
Small package Pepperoni
1 small can mushrooms
8 oz  pizza blend cheese
1 small jar pizza sauce

Preheat oven to 375. Generously grease 2 large baking sheets. Separate biscuits and using fingers press each biscuit out flat into an approximate 6 inch circle. Top each biscuit w/ 2 tsp. sauce. (I found this amount to fit nicely, but feel free to increase or decrease) Top w/ cheese, pepperoni and mushrooms to taste. (Amounts on these are kind of hard.) Bake for 10-15 minutes until crispy and brown on edges. Serve w/ a side salad.

~Join me on Formula Mom for Tasty Tuesday~


Shared on Celebrating Family Oct. 18, 2011
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Oct. 18, 2011
Shared on This Chick Cooks Oct. 19, 2011
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Oct. 19, 2011
Shared on Lark's Country Heart Oct. 20, 2011
Shared on Everyday Sisters Nov. 6, 2011
Pin It

2 comments:

Jennifer {Mother Thyme} said...

Aww, those are cute! Love mini pizzas and these look mighty tasty! :)

CEK said...

These look great! I really love your blog and would like to pass this along to you. :)
http://carriesexperimentalkitchen.blogspot.com/2011/10/im-lucky-recipient-of-versatile-blogger.html