Everyday Mom's Meals: First Grade Here We Come.....(Guest Blogger)
_____

Monday, August 22, 2011

First Grade Here We Come.....(Guest Blogger)

Today I am so lucky and excited to have a very special guest. While most of you have never met him, you've heard me talk about him many times. In honor of his FIRST day of FIRST grade, he is going to share a special recipe w/ you. (And yes, I helped word it a little, typed it up and helped w/ the recipe, but in my eyes, this is ALL him!)

Hi everyone! I'm Alex and I'm not a food blogger, but I'm a major food eater! You might call her your "Everyday Mom", but she is my Mommy every day. I'm excited to be here to share a yummy recipe w/ you. I love fruit. I love fruit salad. I even love the Wiggles song "Fruit Salad". Since this is my first week of 1st grade, this will probably end up in my new Spiderman lunch box (Thanks Maa Ma). But it's also really good for a mid day snack, light dessert, or even a quick breakfast.Hope you like it too.

Lemon Fruit Salad


1 c. sliced strawberries
1 c. blueberries
1 c. sliced black seedless grapes
*These are the fruits we used. Feel free to add your favorites*

Dressing:
6 oz. container lemon yogurt
3/4 TBS honey
3/4 TBS lemon juice

In a medium bowl, combine fruit. In a small bowl, mix together dressing ingredients. Pour over fruit and combine well. Chill before serving.

Mixing the fruit. Mommy cut it up so I didn't have to use a knife!



Mixing the dressing


The finished product. Yummy!
Time to eat
The First Day of School
Shared on Sweetology Aug. 23, 2011
Shared on Nap Time Creations Aug. 23, 2011
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Aug. 23, 2011
Shared on Celebrating Family Aug. 23, 2011
Shared on Hugs & Cookies Aug. 24, 2011
Shared on This Chick Cooks Aug. 24, 2011
Shared on Gooseberry Patch Aug. 24, 2011
Shared on Lark's Country Heart Aug. 24, 2011
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Aug. 24, 2011
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Aug. 25, 2011
Shared on It's A Keeper Aug. 25, 2011
Shared on Something Swanky Aug. 25, 2011
Shared on Around My Family Table Aug. 25, 2011
Shared on Sweet As Sugar Cookies Aug. 27, 2011
Shared on I Can Teach My Child Aug. 27, 2011
Shared on Faith and Family Aug. 28, 2011
Shared on Recipes for my Boys Aug. 31, 2011
Pin It

10 comments:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

Spiderman and batman ... looks like me when I was six (but I was always a Superman fan)... GREAT post Alex, learn math!

Lesa @Edesia's Notebook said...

Nice recipe, Alex! Have a blast in first grade!

carolinaheartstrings said...

Great job Alex. Your recipe looks yummy. Have fun in first grade!

Unknown said...

ok, this is cool. BEST guest blogger I have read in YEARS! HAve a great school year!

Krista said...

Thanks! He was SO excited when I asked him :)

DANIELLE said...

FIRST GRADE IS THE BEST (AND NOT JUT BC I TEACH IT!) YIPPE FOR U! THANKS FOR LINKING UP AT WONKA WEDNESDAY!!!

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

A nice cool dessert! Thanks for sharing this recipe at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope to see you again next week.

Miz Helen said...

Great dessert Alex, and hope you have a great school year! Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come back soon!
Miz Helen

Unknown said...

I Love Your Lemon Fruit Salad Alex! You did a Great job of making it! I'm certain Maa Ma loves that you can help in the kitchen too!

I hope you have a Wonderful First day of First Grade!

<3 and Hugs! Debi and The Boys!

Stacy @ Faith and Family said...

Thanks for sharing! My son looked at it and said "oh! that looks delicious!" Guess I know what we'll be making ;-)