Everyday Mom's Meals: Mashed, Baked, Fried.......
_____

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mashed, Baked, Fried.......

Let's face it, there a ton of things we can do with the good ol' potato. It truly is a staple in American cooking. But how many of us get tired of the same thing over and over? I know I do. So, I am always looking for new potato recipes to use as side dishes. This is one I found on Recipezaar, one of my favorite go-to websites for inspiration. I varied it a little to satisfy our tastes, but they turned out delicious.

Broasted Potatoes
4 medium potatoes
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp thyme (or another favorite herb)
1 TBS olive oil

Cut potatoes into bite size pieces, and place in aluminum foil. Drizzle w/ olive oil and add salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and thyme. Wrap aluminum foil and seal. Place on top rack of oven (or grill) at 400º. Cook for 20 minutes. Turn and cook for another 20 minutes.

*I actually placed the foil pouch on a cookie sheet*
Potato on FoodistaPotato

No comments: