Everyday Mom's Meals: Thanks Rachael
_____

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thanks Rachael

Rachael Ray has a term for a meal you can eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner, BLD. This recipe would fall under that category. I recently bought the Taste of Home 2003 Holiday and Celebrations cookbook for my mother-in-law and this was featured in the Easter brunch section. Well, I didn't want to wait for Easter and since we love having breakfast for supper I decided to try it. This is our supper tonight and I'm serving hashbrown cakes and fruit with it, the same as if I were serving quiche. Which is what this reminds me of, a crustless quiche. Hopefully it tastes as good as it looks:)

Ham and Cheese Egg Bake
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms sliced
6 green onions sliced
1 medium red pepper diced
2 TBS butter
1 3/4 cup cubed ham
1/4 cup all purpose flour
8 eggs-
1 3/4 cup milk
salt/pepper to taste

Combine cheeses; sprinkle into a greased 9X13 pan. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and red pepper in butter until soft, about 7 minutes. Stir in ham to heat through. Season w/ salt and pepper. Spoon mixture over cheeses. In a bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk and beat well. Season w/ salt and pepper. Pour over ham mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking. Bake uncovered @ 350º for 35-45 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes.

1 comment:

Krista said...

This was a HUGE hit at supper tonight. Definitely one I will be making again!