Everyday Mom's Meals: Have You Heard?
_____

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Have You Heard?

If you spend even half the time on the Internet that I do, you have probably come to the same conclusion as me. If you see something "new" once, you will see it again 100 times over in the next 24 hours; and it might not even be that new to begin with.

Over the last month I've seen recipes for Mississippi Pot Roast everywhere it seems. From my online life to my personal "real" one, it's become a part of an everyday conversation. So, it was time I found out what all the fuss was about.

When I hear of an old recipe, one that has been around forever, and I want to learn more I start in one place. What I like to call my old school cookbooks. The ones passed down to me from grandma, many of them coming from church ladies. After all, those women knew how to cook and were always willing to share their foodie wisdom.

So there it was, a recipe for this now famous Mississippi Pot Roast; and not just one recipe, there were a few different versions. Taking ingredients from a few of them, I had a recipe I could easily make with stuff I already had on hand. Then I decided to take it a step further and turn the meat into a bite sized sandwich perfect for any weeknight!

These sliders might be small, but they are BIG on flavor! Juicy, tender meat with deep, rich flavors on soft pillowy rolls...my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Be willing to try something new, even if it isn't really that new. You just might find something you never knew you wanted or liked so much!

Mississippi Roast Sliders
1 (3 lb.) beef chuck roast
1 stick butter
1 envelope ranch dip mix
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/3 c. sliced pepperoncini pepper rings, extra for garnish
Salt and Pepper to taste
Dinner Rolls

Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray. Season roast on both sides with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker. Sprinkle with ranch mix. Then onion soup mix. Top with stick of butter. Pour peppers around roast. Place on LOW and cook for 6-8 hours. When beef is done, shred and return to slow cooker and mix with juices. Spoon onto dinner rolls, top with extra juice and extra pepper rings.






Shared on The Country Cook May 15, 2015

No comments: