Everyday Mom's Meals: Soul Food Saturday #45
_____

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Soul Food Saturday #45


You know those foods you remember as a kid that make your heart sing and completely satisfied? The ones that may have been written down but never seem to taste exactly like hers? I was feeling very nostalgic and needed my Nana's goulash. Just the thought of it brought me back to a warm cozy place. But being that I didn't have much time on a busy weeknight I had to pull off her recipe with what I had on hand. So this one is to my Nana, thanking her for giving me the love of cooking for the ones I love.

Goulash On a Weeknight
1 tbs. Olive oil
1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Anaheim chile pepper, seeded and diced
1 14.5 oz can stewed Italian tomatoes
1 29 oz can spaghetti meat sauce
1 pound precooked elbow noodles
Salt to taste
1/2 tbs. Granulated garlic
1 tbs. Dried parsley
1 tsp. Paprika

In a medium skillet add oil, chile pepper, and onion. Stir to combine. Cook until onions are clear. Add ground beef, salt, 1/2 of garlic and 1/2 of parsley. Stir to combine and break up the meat. Cook until meat is browned and cooked through. Drain if needed. Add stewed tomatoes, sauce, and remaining spices. Stir to combine. Simmer just until sauce has thickened. Finally add pasta, stir gently to combine and warm through. Serve hot with your favorite bread! Enjoy!



No comments: