Everyday Mom's Meals: Another Re-Do
_____

Monday, January 20, 2014

Another Re-Do

Today's recipe is another that I first posted almost 3 years ago! It's funny when I find these previous posts because I can't believe it's been that long since I first shared it. But too, for some of them, I haven't made them since, and I can't imagine we've went that long without enjoying the dish. I mean, the reason I'm going back and "re-blogging" most of them is because 1. only a handful of people would have seen them back then and 2. the photos are...how shall I say....less than up to my current standards, so I want to reintroduce them looking pretty! But that neither of those have anything to do with how great the recipes were, or how much we liked them, so it amazes me that I haven't went back and found them before now. 

I came across this recipe when I was first discovering a food blogger my friends were raving about...Ree Drummond. Yep, ya'll know I'm talking about the Pioneer Woman. So many of my fellow moms/home cooks were making her recipes and loving them; and I have to admit I had never heard of her. Well, that quickly changed! In fact, not long after I "found" her, she became a big star on the Food Network. (I don't think one had any influence on the other though.)

We are olive fiends, so I knew we would love this. It reminded me of a cross between a good olive tapenade and garlic bread. That first time I served it, I was actually entertaining my in-laws, and had it with a baked pasta dish. But we all agreed, it was so filling by itself, it could really stand alone as a pizza like meal. So, this time, when my son requested it, I did exactly that. I served it with my Easy Caesar Salad and it made the perfect meal. It really was like a French bread pizza, or loaded open faced sandwich and with the salad, was just the right amount for an easy weeknight meal.

If you love olives on your pizza, I really recommend making this and using it as a main dish like I did. Or, if you are looking for something new for your next party (the Super Bowl is just around the corner!) you could easily slice this into small pieces for a great appetizer. Either way, it's a re-do I think everyone will enjoy!

Olive Cheese Bread From The Pioneer Woman
1 loaf French bread, cut lengthwise into 2 halves
1 (6 oz.) can black olives, drained
1 (6 oz.) jar stuffed green olives, drained
2 green onions, chopped
1 stick butter, room temperature
1/2 c. mayo
8 oz. shredded Monterrey Jack cheese

Preheat oven to 325. In a food processor, add green and black olives. Pulse until chopped very fine. In a medium bowl combine chopped olives, green onions, butter, mayo and cheese. Stir very well to combine. Spread evenly onto bread. Using hands, press gently to adhere to bread. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Slice into large pieces to serve. 


Shared on The Country Cook January 24, 2014

Olives at Very Good Recipes

No comments: