Everyday Mom's Meals: Soul Food Saturday #15
_____

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Soul Food Saturday #15

Welcome to another weekend! I hope you had a nice week, and some beautiful weather to go along with it. The heat and humidity subsided here in Northern Indiana, and it was sunny and pleasant, perfect for enjoying some time outside! Bekki has a great, simple meal idea for you today that I think the little ones will love!



Interesting thing happened last time we visited my niece and nephews. My oldest nephew Kyle, has a huge love for something he calls Chili Mac. Yes, I said it. I had no clue what this was until I was part of this family. I have made Cheeseburger Macaroni many times and loved it, from childhood. After hearing about this Chili Mac for some time I decided I’d try it. Wow, I was definitely missing out. To combine the taste of a chili dog and Mac in cheese in a bowl, how could I have gone so long without knowing about this? Who knows…? All I know is I am keeping this one in the box, for a rainy day. And, who says they don’t need one more great way to have fun with that little blue box? Not anyone I know. So watch out, if you blink you may miss this one. It’s done in no time flat. Enjoy!
Chili Mac-Stat!
1 (7.25 oz.) box Mac and Cheese Dinner {we’ll let the one you choose be a secret}
6 c. water
¼ c. butter
¼ c. milk
1(15 oz.) can Thick Chili with beans
 In a large saucepan heat water to boiling and add macaroni. Let cook for 7-10 minutes until macaroni is tender. Drain. Add butter, and mix to combine. Add milk and sauce packet, and mix well. Add chili with beans and mix to combine. Serve hot. Serves 4







Pin It

No comments: