Everyday Mom's Meals: Oh Yes I Did!!
_____

Friday, July 12, 2013

Oh Yes I Did!!

Are you grilling out this weekend? Tired of the same burger and dog routine? Want to jazz it up a little? Then you've come to the right place, because I'm about to blow your mind!

That was the exact reason why this recipe came to be. I always have hot dogs in the freezer. Anytime I see them on sale, I pick up a package, ignoring the fact I probably already have 2-3 packages at home. A good deal is a good deal, and they are something I can heat up quickly for Alex for lunch or plan a simple supper around. So a few weeks ago when I had thawed out a package for dinner that night, I challenged myself to come up with something new and fun to do with them.

I've told you many times before how much we love a good BLT. I mean, what's not to love? Crisp lettuce, ripe tomato, delicious bacon...they are one of our favorites, hands down. So I began to wonder. What if I took all the things from a BLT that we love, mixed them together into a salad, or relish if you will, and slap that on top of a grilled dog?? Well, I am here to testify...that was one of more genius ideas I've had in my life!

There is no other way to describe these other than a hot dog and a BLT got drunk on tequila one night and had a baby HA HA HA!!! The flavor of the "relish" on to doesn't over power that of the hot dog, but you still get the creamy, bacon explosion you love from a BLT. It's like the perfect summer time bite!

If you are grilling up some dogs this weekend and want the standard ketchup, mustard, onions and relish, go ahead! There is nothing wrong with that, and they are perfectly yummy. But if you want to blow minds and taste buds away, try these instead! You won't regret it. Just be careful who you make them for because I promise they will keep coming back for more!

BLT Hot Dogs 
8 hot dogs, grilled to likeness
8 buns
3/4 c. chopped Romaine lettuce
2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
1/3 c. mayo

In a small bowl combine lettuce, tomato, bacon and mayo. Stir well. Allow to sit at room temperature about 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to combine. Top hot dogs equally with mixture.




Shared on The Country Cook July 12, 2013
Shared on Make Ahead Meals July 15, 2013
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box July 16, 2013



No comments: