Everyday Mom's Meals: Soul Food Saturday #12
_____

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Soul Food Saturday #12

Happy Saturday! I hope your holiday weekend is bringing you sun, fun and some relaxation too. Today Bekki is celebrating a special day in her family by jazzing up a store bought cake mix into a chocolate lover's dream dessert!



Tomorrow is my parents' 40th wedding anniversary! Its so amazing to see how beautiful marriage can be through the eyes of the ones that brought me into this world. It inspires me to give everything I've got to my marriage, and to everything I hold close to my heart. For this big celebration I am sharing my Daddy’s absolute favorite cake. Believe it or not it’s a box cake dolled up, just like I did for my wedding cupcakes. But this one goes over the top with a big side of vanilla ice cream on the side. 
Be careful who you share this cake with, because they will definitely be back for more! Happy Anniversary to the best parents on the planet, I pray that God gives you 50 more anniversaries just as beautiful as your hearts!!!! This one is just for you!!!
Daddy’s Ultimate German Chocolate Cake
Pillsbury German chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
½ c. apple sauce
1 c. water
1 can Pillsbury coconut pecan frosting
Preheat over to 350 degrees

Spray 13x9 inch pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside
Blend cake mix, eggs, apple sauce and water until moistened. Then blend on medium speed for several minutes or until completely combined.
Pour mixture into prepared pan, and bake for 34-38 minutes. Toothpick will come out clean when inserted in the cake’s center. Cool 10-15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before frosting.
You can frost this beauty however you like, but for Daddy’s ultimate cake I used the store bought frosting. The entire can for one 13x9 cake. Don’t forget the ice cream on the side. That’s mom’s favorite part. Whether its natural vanilla or rocky road, I hope you enjoy this as much as my parents always have!

“Let them all be merry and eat cake”!!!!



Pin It

No comments: