Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Alyssa}
_____

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Alyssa}

Good Morning!! I hope you had a fantastic week and a very fun, safe Halloween. We certainly have enough candy in this house for the next year! 

Today I am welcoming a first time guest on EMM. Not only is she a fellow foodie and blogger, but she is also a stay at home mommy just like me! She is sharing a simple dinner idea that all of us busy, working or at home, moms can use! Please join Alyssa and I for another day in the kitchen...






Hello :-) My name is Alyssa and I am 28 years old. I live in Massachusetts with my dearest, 2 daughters (Meghan and Karina), and our cat Muffin. I am a stay at home mom and enjoy every moment of it. I enjoy cooking and I'm the owner/blogger of Cooking From A SAHM Facebook page and Blog. https://www.facebook.com/CookingFromASAHM and http://cookingfromasahm.blogspot.com/
My goal in life is to encourage other moms/families to get in the kitchen together, cook, and sit at the table. My blog is a way for me to share my love of simple cooking, cooking on a small budget and sharing the love of cooking with your kids. 


The recipe I'm sharing is a recipe that my mom made growing up. Chicken Casserole is an easy casserole dish, and yet so good. The story behind it means a lot to me. My mom's first cousin taught her this recipe when she was pregnant with me. This for a long time was made for my birthday. My mom would always let us choose our birthday dinner. I would always choose chicken casserole, salsa strips, pickles and cherry coke. Now that I make it for my family they love it too. It makes me think of home, my mom, birthdays past and my family. I really hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoy it.

Chicken Casserole

2 whole chicken breasts shredded
1 Large container of Sour Cream
1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Tube of Ritz Crackers
1 Stick of butter

Shred chicken and put it on the bottom of a glass baking dish. In a bowl mix sour cream, and cream of chicken soup. Pour over top of chicken. Crush your Ritz crackers and pour over top of chicken. Top with melted butter. Bake at 350 till bubbly!



Pin It

1 comment:

Served up with Love said...

This sounds super yummy...will be trying this one soon.