Everyday Mom's Meals: Candy Drink
_____

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Candy Drink

Okay, so I'll admit, I am a little early with this, but I guarantee after you read today's post, you are going to want to keep it on your "holiday must" list. I realize we are still a week away from Thanksgiving, but in my mind, that means Christmas is just around the corner, and I've already got holiday yummy treats on the brain. To be honest, I tested this recipe at the end of last month, and didn't even think about it being "holiday-ish" until I saw and tasted it. Yes, it was meant to taste like one of our favorite Christmas candy treats, but honestly, I was simply happy to have yet another warm drink to have waiting on Monkey after walking home from school on a chilly day. But as soon as I smelled it simmering on the stove, and then when it hit my taste buds, it was like someone turning on the Christmas lights and putting the star at the top of the tree. Now I know I am not the only one out there looking ahead and making lists of all the tasty morsels we want to make starting December 1st, so don't be shy! We are in good company. We are chocolate covered cherry addicts in this house and usually go through about a box a week during the holidays; but they have to be the ones with the creamy white center! And don't get me started on chocolate covered blueberries! Oh my gosh...heaven in a bite! And this definitely lived up to expectations tasting just like that favorite candy of ours. So, rather you are looking for something warm and delicious for a chilly day, or like me are already making plans for eating your way through the holidays, definitely print this off and save it for the perfect cold, or even snowy day!

Cherry Cordial Hot Cocoa 
5 1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. half and half
1 1/2 c. chocolate syrup
1/2 c. maraschino cherry juice, divided
1 3/4 c. heavy whipping cream
1 TBS powdered sugar
Maraschino cherries for garnish

In a large stock pot, heat milk, half and half, chocolate syrup and 7 TBS cherry juice over medium heat, stirring often. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat heavy cream until frothy. Gradually add powdered sugar and reserved cherry juice. Beat until soft peaks from. Set aside. When hot cocoa is heated, ladle into mugs and top with whipped cream and cherries.






Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Nov. 13, 2012
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Nov. 14, 2012
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Nov. 15, 2012
Shared on The Country Cook Nov. 16, 2012

2 comments:

The Better Baker said...

MMMM - I can almost taste it. Sounds fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing at Weekend Potluck. LOVE your recipes!

Miz Helen said...

Wishing you and your family a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you soon!
Miz Helen