Everyday Mom's Meals: Simple Reasons
_____

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Simple Reasons

Many EMM fans ask me weekly how I come up with my meal plans, and/or new recipes. As I've said before, there are so many different things I consider when planning our menu, and many different sources to for inspiration. And sometimes, the most simple of reasons can lead to a yummy meal that I then get to share with you. This sandwich came to be simply because I had a coupon I wanted to take advantage of and save some money on our grocery bill. Now I'm not being critical when I say this, but frozen fish products aren't something I buy a lot of. Yes, every once in a while Alex will pick fish sticks for supper, and I will appease him, but for the most they are not on the top of our "must eat" list. However, I had a coupon for the frozen fillets, and since we have eaten them before and they weren't too bad, I figured I could save some cash, and use them in a yummy fish sandwich. Since I was using a pre-cooked product, I wanted to add something fresh, so I figured a homemade tartar sauce would be quick, and make them extra special. These make a nice weeknight meal, especially when you want to take a little extra help from the store. Sometimes the most simple reasoning leads to great things!

Fish Sandwiches with Dill Tartar Sauce
4 frozen battered fish fillets
4 lettuce leaves, washed and trimmed
4 slices tomato
4 hamburger buns

Sauce:
1/2 c. mayo
1/4 c. dill relish, drained well
3/4 tsp. dill weed
1/8 tsp. celery seed
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire
1 TBS lemon juice
Salt and Pepper to taste

Bake fish fillets according to box directions. Mine were at 425 for 25 minutes. In a small bowl combine ingredients for sauce. Chill until ready to use. When fish is cooked, pat any excess grease off with a paper towel. Spread tartar sauce on both sides of bun. Place lettuce leaf on bottom (acts as a nice guard to moisture) fish fillet, then tomato. Serve w/ lemon wedges if desired.

Makes 4 Sandwiches

Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Aug. 9, 2012 
Shared on The Country Cook Aug. 10, 2012 
Shared on Lemon Sugar Aug. 11, 2012

Fish at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

2 comments:

Aunt B said...

What a nice, simple meal. I'll be sharing this one on my FB page tomorrow. Thanks.

Erin @ Lemon Sugar said...

Quick and easy! Great idea! Thank you so much for linking up today!