Everyday Mom's Meals: 2nd Grade Is SO Lucky
_____

Monday, August 20, 2012

2nd Grade Is SO Lucky

Yep, today is the day Monkey and I have been dreading since the 2nd week of June. Well, okay to be honest, by this morning, Monkey's dread had turned into excitement, which I knew it would and I am very thankful for. It is the first day of school, and for us that means the first day of 2nd grade. He got the teacher he wanted, has a new cool WWE backpack filled with everything off the school supply list, and an Avengers lunchbox carrying a lunch made with love by Mommy. I would say the kid is very prepared and ready to learn! In honor of this special day, I wanted to share a recipe I found on Pinterest that would be perfect for an extra special first day of school dinner, an appetizer at your next get together, or a fun dish for any kids' birthday party. These are super cute and super simple, both things I look for when choosing "kid friendly" dishes. I kept them simple with only 2 ingredients, but you could really make them your own by adding your favorite pizza toppings. I can't believe the school year is upon us once again, and while I'm sad Monkey won't be home every day with me, I'm incredibly happy he enjoys school so much and I adore the light in his eyes as he makes new discoveries. To watch him learn new things, his mind absorb every one of them and grow even more as a student is truly an honor and I am so blessed to be here to experience every single minute!

Pizza Rolls
2 (8 count each) crescent rolls
32-40 slices turkey pepperoni
8 string cheeses, each cut in half
1 (15 oz) can pizza sauce
Garlic Powder

Preheat oven to 375. Roll out each can of rolls and separate into triangles. At the wider end, add 4-5 pepperoni each, overlapping, depending on the size. Add a string cheese half on top of pepperoni. Roll from wide end to tip and tuck in sides as much as possible. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden browned. Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.


Shared on Make Ahead Meals Aug. 20, 2012
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Aug. 21, 2012 
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Aug. 22, 2012 
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Aug. 23, 2012 
Shared on The Country Cook Aug. 24, 2012

2 comments:

The Country Cook said...

Thank you SO very much for sharing at WP!! Love these fun back-to-school snacks and ideas for quick suppers!! I shared on facebook today too. Have a great weekend!

Krista said...

Thanks Brandie! Hope your weekend is great too!