Everyday Mom's Meals: What I Learned On Facebook
_____

Thursday, February 3, 2011

What I Learned On Facebook

This afternoon I started a conversation on Facebook. Of all things, it was about crescent rolls. And before I knew it, I had comments galore and 2 new recipe suggestions! The one was given to me by a dear friend of my mom's (and mine), and my preschool teacher. She found it in the Journal Gazette newspaper, right before Christmas. The other wasn't an actual recipe, so I looked on the Internet until I found the actual one; and I think they would make a great brunch item, or even a dessert. Both sound so good--but how bad can anything be w/ crescent rolls?? They are SO yummy. See the things you can learn while social networking???

Cherry Christmas Bread (Makes 2 loaves)
 1 10 oz jar maraschino cherries, drained and sliced in half (save 5 for top)
1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese
1/4 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 cans crescent rolls

Glaze
1 c. powdered sugar
4 tsp. milk
1/4 tsp almond extract

Chop cherries, except the ones for the top. Mix the cream cheese w/ sugar and extract until smooth. Add nuts and cherries. Lay out each can of dough separately. Spread filling over top. Roll up and place in loaf pan. Mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Bake @ 375º for 30-35 minutes. Pour glaze over top and top w/ 5 cherries (halved).



Pecan Crescent Rolls
1 can crescent rolls
1 jar Nutella
1 egg, beaten w/ a dash of water
1 bag crushed pecans

Separate each individual unbaked triangle and lay on ungreased baking sheet. Take a small scoop of Nutella and place on each roll. Sprinkle a very small number of crushed pecans onto Nutella. Roll up each triangle to filling is completely enclosed. Brush w/ a tiny bit of egg wash on each roll. Bake @ 350º for 11 minutes.

No comments: