Everyday Mom's Meals: 2 Ingredient Cookies
_____

Sunday, February 20, 2011

2 Ingredient Cookies

Nope, you didn't read that wrong. Yes, it says 2. I too thought it was too good to be true, but my eyes didn't deceive me either. I found this on another site I read, Picky Palate and was so intrigued by it I bought one of the ingredients tonight while getting my regular groceries. We are still enjoying many treats left over from Valentine's Day, but as soon as they are gone, I am going to try these and if they turn out tasting like their description, I am going to have 2 very happy boys in my house. Chocolate and peanut butter--Adam and Alex staples. But for Alex they will be a HUGE treat since I limit his chocolate intake pretty strictly. As soon as I try them, I will report back. like always. But as a side note, these are made for "dirt cheap" prices. I did the math----see below :) And anything that is inexpensive, only tastes better to this thrifty mom!


Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
24 snack size Reeses peanut butter cups (usually come in a pack of 8- at Walmart for $1.00)
1 large egg

Preheat oven to 350º. Unwrap all peanut butter cups and place in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and combined. Add an egg and pulse until combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. (I will use a large tablespoon). With the heel of your hand, press each cookie down to about 1/2 inch thick. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until cooked through and edges start to crisp. Let cool for 15 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack. Makes 12-14 cookies


*NOTE*
If the peanut butter cups can be bought for $1.00 and one egg is about $.16 (approx. $1.89 for a dozen/ 12 eggs) That is a total of $1.16, divided by an average of 13 cookies per batch, that is approx. $.09 per cookie!!!!!!!! Sandra Lee would be so proud!

No comments: