Everyday Mom's Meals: Tradition With a New Twist
_____

Monday, November 22, 2010

Tradition With a New Twist

The other day while helping me to find a recipe for traditional Ambrosia salad, my mom stumbled upon this salad and suggested it to me. Although I won't be making it for Thanksgiving, I am definitely going to be trying it for one of our Christmas meals. But w/ the cranberry addition I think it would be the perfect Thanksgiving side dish. I love a traditional Waldorf Salad, and the cranberries would give this one a really nice "kick".  I love salads that also give you a little something sweet on your plate; and can't wait to try this one.

Cranberry Waldorf Salad
1 pack cranberries ground ( I am going to put mine in the food processor and pulse a couple times)
3 cups mini marshmallows
2 cups diced apples
1 cup grapes, cut in half
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 chopped walnuts
1 tub Cool Whip

Mix the 4 first ingredients and chill overnight. The next day, add the other 4 and serve chilled.

No comments: