Everyday Mom's Meals: My Contribution
_____

Friday, November 19, 2010

My Contribution

Starting today through next Wed. all posts will be Thanksgiving related, or at least related to it, for me. Today is what I'll be taking to my mother in law's on Thursday for lunch. We will be eating our "big" meal w/ Adam's family and then going to my mom's later in the afternoon/evening. I wasn't sure what I would take until I listened to my inner craving and realized I wanted old fashioned Ambrosia salad. We used to have it every year on Thanksgiving at my grandma's, well, in fact we used to have multiple fruit and/or jello salads and this was always on the "hit" list. My mom reminded me that her family calls it "5 Cup Salad", but it is the same exact thing (in case any others out there use that term too). I told my mother in law this morning that I'm happy to bring something that is one of my family's traditions and I've been SO hungry for it. Something easy and yummy---that's my idea of a Turkey Day delight!

Ambrosia Salad
1 small can mandarin oranges
lg can fruit cocktail
1/2 bag mini marshamallows
1/2 bag shredded coconut
16 oz can pineapple chunks
1 cup crushed nuts (I use walnuts)
1 tub of Cool Whip

Mix all together in large bowl and refrigerate.

No comments: