Everyday Mom's Meals: Thanksgiving 365
_____

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving 365

Since Thanksgiving comes but merely once a year, I love cooking meals that remind us of the "eating" holiday. I make turkey burgers seasoned w/ poultry seasoning and cranberry sauce, ham steaks w/ stuffing, etc. This recipe came to me once again from my mom finding it in a magazine, Family Circle. These sound so good and I think would be great for a meal or a party food. I plan on making them for a  meal come about February when the holiday fest is over and we're once again hungry for turkey.

Holiday Cranberry Meatballs

2 packages turkey meatballs (about 1 1/2 lbs)

Sauce:
12 oz whole cranberry sauce
9 oz chili sauce
2 1/4 tsp brown sugar

 In a saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, chili sauce and brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until brown sugar is melted, about 5 minutes. Add meatballs. Cook until meatballs are hot, approx. 15 minutes. Serve w/ assorted cheese cubes, crackers and grapes.

No comments: