Everyday Mom's Meals: HOT HOT HOT
_____

Saturday, June 19, 2010

HOT HOT HOT

Since the thermometer is supposed to reach 90º today I thought a refreshing drink might be in order. This is one that I've enjoyed MANY times at fairs and festivals. As a kid I remember saving my allowance during the summer months so I could drink as many as I wanted at our town's fair. Every time we go to a street festival, county or state fair, my hubby is nice enough to continue that tradition and buys me one after the other. I have passed the love of them onto Alex and he too will ask for one as soon as he sees the sign; and that's ok with me b/c it means Mommy can have one too:-) I found this recipe on RecipeZaar and it's the closet to my favorite one, "Martins" that I have tried.

Lemonade Shake Up
1/2 cup sugar
2 lemons, cut in half
water
ice (small cubes or crushed works best)

In a 16 oz glass pour in sugar. Squeeze lemons to juice them into glass. Then dice lemons and add to glass. Add ice, then water to fill. Cover and shake until sugar is dissolved. ( I use a large plastic cup to shake and "make" then pour it into a drinking glass)

No comments: