Everyday Mom's Meals: Happy Father's Day!!!
_____

Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!!

In honor of Father's Day this recipe is one both my husband and dad enjoy. I found it years ago in "Taste of Home". It's a really easy appetizer, or main dish depending on how it is served. When I make it for Adam I used hotter peppers, because is is a HUGE fan of spicy food; but when I make it for my dad I use a more mild pepper to suit his tastes. These are the most special men in my life and I love finding things to cook for them that they really enjoy.

Sausage Stuffed Peppers
8-10 Jalapeno peppers (for hot version)- halved & seeded
3-4 Large Mexican peppers (for mild version) Anaheim Chile is a good example- halved & seeded

1 lb. mild or hot pork sausage
1 8 oz. cream cheese- softened
1 cup shredded Parmesan

Cook sausage over medium heat in skillet. Drain off fat. Combine with cream cheese and Parmesan. Mix well. Fill peppers w/ meat mixture. Bake uncovered @ 425º for 15-20 minutes until brown and bubbly.

No comments: