Everyday Mom's Meals: Home Sweet Home
_____

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home

For all of those of you who follow my recipes on a regular basis, I apologize for the lack of posting thus far in June. We actually were in New Smyrna Beach, FL for the past 2 weeks. We had a great vacation and made some wonderful memories. But now we are back home in Indiana and trying to ease back into reality.

I thought I would share a recipe I found on the internet when I was trying to recreate my favorite appetizer @ "TGIFridays".....the fried green beans! They are so addictive and I would love to make them at home, so I am going to try this recipe and see how they turn out!

Deep Fried Green Beans
1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and cut to preferred length
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups all purpose flour
1 TBS salt
1/2 TBS pepper
1/2 TBS garlic powder
oil for deep frying


Wash and trim green beans. Mix flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bowl. Dip the beans in buttermilk and then roll in flour. Deep fry until golden brown and drain on paper towels.

No comments: