Everyday Mom's Meals: Skip The Drive-Thru
_____

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Skip The Drive-Thru

For most of us, we have a good month before school begins again, maybe more! And before I go on, let me just state, I'm not ready. The kid isn't ready. His baby brother isn't ready. Summer vacation needs to be longer, summer itself needs to be longer. Okay- rant over. 

How many times have the kids asked to hit the drive-thru for lunch since being home? No shame in that! But you know I also love finding ways to make restaurant favorites at home, and I think today's is going to be a big hit...especially for all you Chick-fil-A fans! 

Did you hear anything about the Chick-fil-A sauce shortage back in the spring? There was a good week where this apocalyptic like event filled my newsfeed.  People were losing their minds because they were limiting the number of sauces you could get with an order. Now, I haven't hear about it lately, so apparently the supply shortage corrected itself. But with this simple recipe you can have as much sauce as you want, anytime you want! 

This is one of those sauces that I swear you could put on a flip flop and it would taste good! I know true Chick-fil-A fans put it on everything from their chicken to waffle fries, onion rings and more. Plus, I've heard it is a huge hit with kids too, which is a true compliment since most littles stick to ketchup or ranch! 

Just think- you can be a total lunch time rock star when they sit down to some nuggets and homemade sauce! For the adults, I think this would be amazing on a chicken sandwich too! 

Summer needs to slow down! We've got so much to do, so much to enjoy, and so much to eat!

 Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce

1/2 c. mayonnaise

1/4 c. honey

1/4 c. barbecue sauce

1 TBS lemon juice

1 TBS Dijon mustard

2 TBS yellow mustard

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk well. Chill until serving. Keep covered in fridge for 2-3 days. Serve with chicken tenders, nuggets, popcorn chicken, fries, onion rings, etc.

 

Shared at Weekend Potluck
 

No comments: