Everyday Mom's Meals: This Is A Joke, Right??!!
_____

Monday, October 25, 2010

This Is A Joke, Right??!!

A couple weeks ago I came to the conclusion that Mother Nature was mocking me, laughing at me in fact. Why? Because it was soup night at our house, as it is a lot in the fall, and 80º outside. Well, now I'm convinced she is just out to get me. Once again, I've planned soup for tonight's meal and it is supposed to be unseasonably warm. Oh well. I found this in the back of my recipe box, haven't made it for years and darn it, I'm doing it. At least there is a chance of showers, so maybe that will be my reprieve!

Butter Bean Soup
1 1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup chopped onion (small)
3 TBS vegetable oil
3 TBS flour
2 cups water
2 16 oz. cans butter beans-drained
1 small zucchini diced
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups chicken broth

In large stock pot, cook celery, carrots, onion and zucchini in oil until soft. Add flour and cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually add water and broth stirring until smooth. Add rest of ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes or until slightly thick.

No comments: