Everyday Mom's Meals: More Leaves Falling
_____

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

More Leaves Falling

Yep, it's definitely autumn. I don't think there is any escaping it now. Oh well, time to embrace to the cooler temperatures and everything that comes w/ them. Apple picking, hay rides, pumpkin carving, warm meals and desserts that use "fall" ingredients. This one comes from my cousin Tricia and I can't wait to make it. When she sent it to me, I immediately thought of the "Fried Apples" at Cracker Barrel--one of my favorites! *Note, while the recipe calls for tart apples, Tricia nor I enjoy the flavor of Granny Smith, so we are probably going to use Cortland or Gala*

Baked Applesauce
3 large tart apples peeled and sliced
3 TBS sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla

Place apples in baking dish. Combine sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Sprinkle over apples. Cover and bake @ 350º for 40-45 minutes. Uncover and mash with a fork. Serve warm. *I don't know if I will mash them or not. I think if I leave them in slice form, I will get a closer result to Cracker Barrel's.*

No comments: