Everyday Mom's Meals: Easter Side Dish
_____

Sunday, March 21, 2021

Easter Side Dish

If you haven't been paying attention, there are now less than two weeks until Easter.  Have you got your menu planned? Even if we probably won't be having huge family gatherings, that doesn't mean the food doesn't need to be on point! I will plan a big spread even if it's just the 4 of us, like last year, or our family plus my parents. Holidays are a time to enjoy those foods we look forward to so much, no matter what! 

How about a new side dish that would be delicious with your Easter ham, is simple as can be, and screams spring time? Sound good? Then you've come to the right place! Oh, and don't worry if you don't need another dish for Easter, because these are easy enough for a weeknight supper too! 

Do you love artichokes? We can't get enough. I am always on the lookout for ways to use the canned artichoke hearts. Ironically I have never had a fresh artichoke, and am actually they intimidate the heck out of me. I know I would enjoy the leaves as much as I do the heart, but I just haven't gotten the courage up to try them. Someday...maybe...

In the meantime when the canned ones are inexpensive, versatile and so yummy, I will keep coming up with ways to use those! I've done then Au gratin style, of course in spinach and artichoke dip, and salads like my Quick Artichoke and Hearts of Palm Salad. 

The crunchy topping on this gives it a great texture contrast with the soft artichokes. For not having a long ingredient list, they really bring the flavor! 

Spring time is a great time to try a veggie maybe you don't think of a lot. Your Easter menu would love something unique and new alongside all the traditional favorites we love. 

Baked Artichokes

2 (14 oz.) cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained well and patted dry

1 TBS olive oil

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/2 c. panko bread crumbs

2 TBS butter, melted

1 tsp. dried parsley

2 TBS grated Parmesan/Romano cheese

Salt and Pepper 

Preheat oven to 375. Place artichokes in 2 quart casserole dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, melted butter, parsley and grated cheese. Mix well. Sprinkle over top of artichokes. Bake for 25-30 minutes until browned on top. 

 

Shared at Weekend Potluck

Shared at Meal Plan Monday


No comments: