Everyday Mom's Meals: Mexi Night Side Dish
_____

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Mexi Night Side Dish

Does you family love Mexican night at home? Yeah, us too. It's a staple in my menu rotation. But the one thing I struggle with when planning those meals, is a great side dish!

 We all have side dishes we make every time we make a certain meal. I'm no exception. Believe me, just because I am a food blogger doesn't mean I don't have staples too.

Sure, there are always the staples of rice and beans. Or even chips and salsa, or queso; but after a while, those become mundane and I want to switch it up.

I love this salad because it can be made from the pantry for the most part. In fact, the night I decided to whip it up, I just ran to the store for the fresh cilantro. And I will tell you, the guys in my house said it was such a nice, refreshing change to the regular dishes we usually have on Mexi night.

Oh, and let me ask you this. Do you entertain with Mexican night? Think about it....a big group of people. A taco bar. Some chips. And a big bowl of this. What a fun way to enjoy a night with friends!

So, be sure to save this for the next Mexican night rolls around on your menu. You won't be sorry! 

Mexican Bean Salad
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz.) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 (12 oz.) bag frozen corn, thawed
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
 1/4 c. chopped cilantro, chopped

Dressing
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
Juice of 2 limes
Juice of 1 lemon
2 TBS sugar
1 TBS salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 TBS ground cumin
1-2 dashes hot sauce
1 tsp. chili powder

In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients, stir well.  In a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until well combined. Pour over salad. Stir well. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving. Serve with extra lime wedges if desired.


No comments: