Everyday Mom's Meals: Happy New Year!!
_____

Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!!

Well, it's officially over. Christmas has come and gone. We've watched the ball drop and welcomed in 2015, and now there is nothing left to look forward to until summer. Okay, that's not true at all, but I always tend to get a little down after the holidays. 

But now, it's time to focus on the new year. I hope to be bringing you lots of yummy things this year, so you know I had to start out right away...and with something fantastic.

Last year when I asked folks what they would like to see more of on EMM, two things were said more than any other. Casseroles and Slow Cooker recipes. Well, I didn't ask this year, but I'm guessing those two would once again be at the top of the list. So many of us are super busy, and both of those categories hold meals that we can fit into our jammed schedules. 

That being said,  I figured having my first post of 2015 being a casserole would be a safe bet. Not to mention, this is a seafood supper that takes some help from the store, but is still very budget friendly. You can feed a crowd with this without spending a fortune. 

I'm so happy you've decided to join me in the new year. I am so thankful for all of your love and support, year after year. I wish many things for my 2015, and I look forward to sharing all of them with you, along with some tasty recipes to share with your family too! 

Creamy Shrimp and Wild Rice Casserole
1 (12 oz.) bag cooked, medium shrimp, thawed (I like the ones with tail left one)
3 (4 oz.) boxes wild rice mix, cooked according to package directions
8 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp. hot sauce
1 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. sliced almonds
2 TBS butter
1 TBS dried parsley, extra for garnish
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Saute mushrooms in butter until brown. Remove to a bowl and add rice. Allow to cool slightly. Add hot sauce, shrimp, cream, salt, pepper and parsley. Stir well to combine. Transfer to baking dish. Top with almonds. Bake, uncovered for 30-45 minutes. Garnish with extra parsley. 







No comments: