Everyday Mom's Meals: Woe is Monday
_____

Monday, October 13, 2014

Woe is Monday

Yep, it's Monday. Ugh. I'm sorry,  I just can't excited about it. I really respect those out there who can have the outlook of  "Yay! It's another day! Jump up and make the best of it." I really, really do. And while I agree with the notion of the day will be as good as you make it; and your attitude is everything, when Monday morning rolls around I groan. The rest of the day is great. I am usually with my mom, having lunch and shopping, but those first moments after the alarm rings, I struggle. 

But the one part of Mondays I think we can all agree on, from the woeful to the cheerful, is that when the day is over, and supper time rolls around, we don't want or need anything complicated. We need simple. We need easy. We need yummy. We need to be eating as soon as possible so we can relax and unwind.

So what better day to share my newest one pot wonder than today??!! Yep, a meal that can cook entirely in one pan, on the stove, in about a half hour. Oh, and it just happens to be absolutely delicious too! Your family is going to be asking for this one again and again.

If you dread Monday mornings as much as I do, I'm glad I'm not alone. And if you also agree that Monday night supper must be as easy as possible, then you've come to the right place! Heck, this might even be supper tonight!

Spanish Noodle Skillet
1 lb. ground beef
1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 medium white onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. dried parsley
1 1/4 c. water
1/4-1/3 c. chili sauce
12 oz. egg noodles
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat. Add ground beef and onion. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Return to skillet. Add water, chili sauce to taste, tomatoes and egg noodles. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, stirring often for 15-20 minutes until liquid is absorbed and noodles are cooked. Sprinkle with parsley before serving. 





Shared on The Country Cook Oct. 17, 2014



Disclaimer: As a Field Editor of Taste of Home, I share my own thoughts and opinions of this recipe. I am not a paid employee. 

No comments: