Everyday Mom's Meals: Another Hooiser Blogger
_____

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Another Hooiser Blogger

This blogging community I belong to is so wide, so varied, and so big I never have to look far to find something new I want to try in my kitchen. I love introducing ya'll to bloggers I love to read, and maybe ones you aren't familiar with yet, especially when it's a fellow Hooiser!

That's right, my good buddy Cris over at Goodeness Gracious, lives right here in Indiana, and blogs about her life, food, her family...her site really is a one stop shop for all things GOODe! 

A couple weeks ago her and I were talking about the "good ole' days" of blogging, before we really knew what we were doing, and how we wished we could go back and fix some of the photos are young blogger selves took. (I've actually been doing this all year long. You know, those recipes I've re-blogged from the days when only Adam and my mom read EMM!) What can I say? You live and learn, and in the early days of food photography, you're just happy to get a shot, and not really worried about what it looks like. She shared this recipe with me as an example of her early days, and honestly, I wasn't even looking at the photo after seeing the food! Oh my blog! It sounded fan-freakin-tastic, and she actually described it as the BEST chicken EVER. With a description like that, and how much I love chicken on the grill, you know I had to try it. (Oh, and if you click on the link above, you can see Cris's original post she was telling me about, but don't be critical, remember she was a young food blogger!) 

We grill year round, but if you're grilling season is winding down, do NOT let it close without making this! The marinade is so flavorful, and the chicken itself is juicy, tender and exactly what you want from grilled meat! And for those looking at it thinking "Oh, can I take the skin off?" You can, I'm not going to know, but I'm going to warn you, the skin is what absorbs the huge flavor of the marinade, gets crispy on the grill and makes this extra finger lickin'. But I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea, and I'm sure it would be delicious either way! 

If you aren't a reader of Cris's blog yet, I highly encourage you to become one. She always has something yummy cooking in her kitchen. We Hoosiers gotta stick together, and share some chicken when we can!


Grilled Beer and Mustard Chicken Inspired by Goodeness Gracious
10 chicken drumsticks, skin trimmed, but left on
1 (16 oz.) bottle beer (I used Bud Light)
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/4 c. spicy brown mustard
1 TBS hot sauce
2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 TBS grill seasoning
4 cloves garlic, minced 
Cooking Spray for grilling

In a large bowl combine beer, onions, mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire, garlic and grill seasoning. Mix well. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Cover and marinade in fridge or 6 hours. When ready preheat grill to high. Spray with cooking spray. Place chicken on grill to sear, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, turning every 5 minutes for 25-30 minutes until juices run clear. 





Shared on The Counry Cook Sept. 13, 2013

No comments: