Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Angie}
_____

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Angie}

Woo hoo! It's Saturday again! I hope the week treated you well, and you have a fun, or maybe just a relaxing weekend in store. Maybe some Valentine's Day shopping or planning??

I'm happy to have a "repeat offender" with us today. She always has something family friendly and yummy to share with us. So grab a cup of coffee and join Angie in the EMM kitchen~



Good Morning EMM!!! I am so thankful to be back featuring one of my most recent favorite meals.   This is Angie Cupp from Northern Indiana where it is cold one day and warm the next.  I am a busy wife, mom & teachers aide during the week.  I love trying new recipes and making yummy treats for my little family of 5.

You always have to be on your toes to find that perfect recipe for a cold day.  One of those "stick to you ribs" meal.  Of course it always helps if the hubby and children love it as well. When I ask for suggestions for a our menu for the week, this is one of those meals that is always asked for. 

I have a huge passion for cooking great tasting meals and baking many treats for my family.  I also have a love for Pinterest!  ha ha!!! I love looking for new ideas for our dinner table!  I have a few boys in my home that prefer meat and potatoes so why not try "Cowboy Casserole" that I found on Pinterest.  Although, I have changed a few things to my own liking.  Your family will absolutely love this great tasting comfort casserole.

Cowboy Casserole
1 1/2 lbs of Ground Chuck (I used 90/10)
2-3 tsp Onion powder
3 TBS Minced Garlic
1 can whole kernel corn 
1 can condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
2 cups of shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup 2 % milk
4 TBS Sour Cream
1 Bag Ore-Ida Crispy Crowns
First I thaw the Crispy Crowns for 1-2 hours prior to starting casserole.
In large skillet cook ground chuck until no longer pink. While that is cooking I add the minced garlic and onion powder for flavor.  Drain grease if any. 
In a small bowl combine soup, milk, & sour cream until smooth. Then add corn & 1 cup of shredded cheese.  Mix together.    Add this mixture to the skillet.  Stir together until cheese is melted. 
Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.  Place half of the Crispy Crowns in bottom on dish. Pour the skillet mixture over the Crispy Crowns.  Place the other half of the Crispy Crowns on top of that.  Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.   Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. 



Pin It

No comments: