Everyday Mom's Meals: Foodie Christmas Gifts 2018 {Week 1}
_____

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Foodie Christmas Gifts 2018 {Week 1}

Now that Thanksgiving is over, we can officially begin the MOST wonderful time of year! I can't help it. Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday and I treasure each and every second.

When my good friend Bekki asked me if I could spare some blog time for her to share some fantastic homemade foodie gifts, I said "Absolutely!" 

Homemade gifts are so special, and such a great way your loved ones you really put some effort into their gift, and stay on budget too! So, for the next few weeks Bekki is going to be sharing some of her favorites with us! 

Can you believe we just had Thanksgiving? I can still smell Turkey and all the glorious sides wafting around me. If you’re anything like me, sharing food is a favorite thing to do during the holidays. Whether it’s your neighbors, your child’s teacher, your postal carrier, or even your doctor’s food gifts give a sense of warmth. Like giving someone a basket of muffins, isn’t just the sweet treat but love from your kitchen to them. In this recipe we’re dressing up chocolate muffins. How can you dress up chocolate muffins you ask? Well add more chocolate and peppermint of course. Come with me, as we create this dolled up recipe for the upcoming holiday and turn it into a fun gift as well. 
 
 Triple Chocolate Peppermint Muffins
 
Ingredients:
 
1 Fleishmann’s Simply Homemade Double chocolate muffin mix
2/3 c. water
¾ c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
½ c. mini chocolate chips
½ c. peppermint chips
 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 6 large muffin cups with paper liners OR spray with cooking spray, set aside.
 
Combine mix, water, eggs, and oil in a large mixing bowl with a spoon, stir until blended. Add chips and stir to combine.
 
Fill prepared cups with batter, to ¾ full.
 
Bake muffins for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes then remove from pan.
 
Fill your favorite basket with the cooled muffins and share with someone today! Enjoy! 
 






No comments: