Everyday Mom's Meals: Rice n Simple {A Review}
_____

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Rice n Simple {A Review}

Our family loves rice. And I love convenience. And I really love when I can feel good about giving my family something that was also convenient for me to prepare. (A busy lady will always take help where she can!) Let me introduce you to Rice n Simple, my favorite new product that falls under all of these categories!

Rice n Simple is a young company that is dedicated to providing its customers with an option for enhanced energy, flexibility and creativity by offering the highest quality rice in addition to the most deliciously flavored sauces for a healthy lifestyle. Rice n Simple was established on the philosophy that being healthy and eating healthy is essential to living a balanced, simple and harmonious life. The company strives to connect with its customers through one of the simplest things life has to offer, quality food; and with the simplest nutrient rich food in the world, rice.


Rice n Simple’s Jasmine Rice is imported from Thailand and selected for its delicious flavor, unique texture and naturally distinctive aroma. Long considered to be the most prestigious rice in the world, it was named after the sweet-smelling jasmine flower and grown in the mountain highlands of Thailand for centuries.




Now, thanks to Rice n Simple, this delicious rice can be enjoyed with just one quick minute of cooking time.  What truly sets Rice n Simple apart is their signature premium sauces that add a burst of flavor to the already flavorful Jasmine Rice. Current signature offerings include:

·         Jasmine Rice with Shoyu (Soy) Sauce
·         Jasmine Rice with Shiitake Mushroom Glaze
·         Jasmine Rice with Teriyaki Glaze
·         Brown Rice with Shoyu (Soy) Sauce
·         Brown Rice with Shiitake Mushroom Glaze
·         Brown Rice with Teriyaki Glaze

Rice n Simple products are also available in brown rice versions for a mild, nutty flavor that is rich in fiber and nutrition. All of the delicious varieties are an excellent source of complex carbohydrates, contain no preservatives and are trans-fat and cholesterol free. They also require no refrigeration so they can be stored in the pantry for easy week meal option, or a great "take with you" lunch idea! 

I will tell you exactly what I did with my samples! I was in a rush, had some egg rolls in the freezer and thought "rice would be perfect." As they cooked in the oven, each one of us got to pick out the flavor of rice we wanted, and within minutes we each had a perfectly cooked side of rice for supper. 

Now, you might be thinking, "How good can rice that is cooked in the microwave be?" Well, let me tell you it was truly some of the best at home rice I've ever had! It was fluffy, tender and above all flavorful! My favorite? The Jasmine Rice with Teriyaki Glaze. Oh my word! It was so delicious! I couldn't get enough! But truthfully, you can't go wrong with any of the flavor options! Each is more tasty than the next. 

Rice n Simple products are available for purchase online at www.Amazon.com and select Kroger locations in Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, Alabama and throughout the Mid-Atlantic states for $2.49-2.79. Look for availability in retailers nationwide in the coming months. As a product of Taiwan, Rice n Simple imports its Jasmine rice from Thailand and its brown rice from the USA.


Disclaimer: I received free samples in exchange for this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

No comments: