Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Jean}
_____

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Jean}



Good morning and welcome to another weekend! This week, I'm happy to have a brand new guest in my kitchen. I love that so many EMM Fans are getting in on the blogging fun! So if you are reading this, thinking you can't do it...YOU can! If you are interested, just email me at everydaymomsmeals@gmail.com and I can send you more details.

So grab a seat, pour yourself a cup of coffee (or even a bloody Mary) and welcome Jean to EMM~

Hello, my name is Jean Hurley.  I have never blogged before but enjoy cooking for family and friends.  Thanks Krista for giving me this opportunity.
I am a nurse by profession, also a wife, mother, and now a grandmother. I am from Massachusetts, but am currently living in Georgia.
This is a recipe that I used to make for my kids when they were young. It’s quick and easy. I usually served it with either French fries or a salad and they loved it.  It is also great for parties and even school lunches.  Feel free to play with the ingredients and change them to what your family loves.  I hope you enjoy it!

Meat Pie Sliders
Ingredients:
1 green pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1 small pkg fresh mushrooms, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 lb ground beef
1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce
½ (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes
1 cup shredded mozzarella
2-3 cans pop n’ fresh biscuits, I use Pillsbury Simply Biscuits
Salt and pepper
Garlic salt
Olive oil

    Preheat oven to 375.  In a large frying pan, sauté peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic in a Tablespoon of olive oil until tender.  Add ground beef and cook until crumbly and brown.  Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, salt and pepper, stirring until mixed. Remove from heat and stir in the mozzarella.
    Lightly grease a baking sheet.  Take one biscuit and flatten it out with your fingers, keeping the round shape. Place it onto the baking sheet.  Place a spoonful of filling mixture onto the biscuit, then take another biscuit, flatten it out and cover the first one, making sure to pinch the edges tightly.  Poke a hole in the top with a sharp knife. Lightly brush the top with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt.  Repeat with all the biscuits.
    Bake for 18-22 minutes at 375, until golden brown.  Serve with salad or French fries.
You can change the ingredients to suit your family,sometimes I add pepperoni and black olives.  You can also make them as big or small as you choose, dividing the biscuits in two for smaller appetizers or using Grands for teens.  I have also made this with pizza dough and cut into squares for a large crowd.








Pin It

No comments: