Everyday Mom's Meals: It Worked, It Really Did!
_____

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It Worked, It Really Did!

Last week while I was doing my daily browsing on Pinterest I saw something that caught my eye, and made me proclaim out loud "That is so cool." And yes, I was home alone at the time. Don't judge me! It was a tip about shredding chicken in a stand mixer.....brilliant, I know!

As some of you may remember, I was given a Kitchen Aid mixer back before Christmas. And while it looks so pretty on my counter, I truly haven't had the opportunity to use is a lot, but when I have, it's worked perfectly and I don't know how I ever functioned w/o it. It's one of of those things that while I might not use it in my every day cooking, when I need or want it, it's right there and SO handy!

I shared this "pin" w/ all of my Facebook fans and like me, they were truly excited to try it. And I will admit, I wondered if when I tried it I would be as successful. Even though the photos showed it turning out perfectly, sometimes it's just my luck that when something works really well for someone else, it doesn't for me. No rhyme or reason why, it just doesn't. I couldn't wait to test it out.

Today was the day. I needed shredded chicken for a new recipe I'm trying tonight and I can now say w/o a doubt, "It worked! It really did"! Perfectly in fact.

I roasted my boneless chicken, and after cooling for about 10 minutes, I placed it in the mixer w/ the paddle attachment and turned it on very low, about a 2. After about a minute I turned it up to a 3 and let it shred away for about 5-6 minutes total. It is the best shredded chicken I've ever had come out of my kitchen, evenly shredded and the best consistency.

So if you were one of the fans who loved this idea too, here is your proof! Just be sure to not let the speed go past 3 b/c anything higher and you'll be picking chicken off your ceiling :) I hope this works as great for you as it did for me!


We'll call this the before.

And the after. PERFECT!
Shared on Chef in Training Feb. 28, 2012

Pin It

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Krista, ha, ha I saw this same thing and wondered if it worked...thanks for trying it out for the rest of us!! Dont ya just love Pinetrest?!

Mr. Everyday said...

Oh it worked alright! I had 3 of them. Those were fantastic. But then again my wife always makes awesome stuff. :-)

Janie said...

I saw it on Pinterest a couple months ago and am NEVER shredding chicken by hand again! That mixer is a lifesaver!! :)

Stopping by from Talent Show Tuesday!

Laura Lange said...

We will have chicken tacos more often now. Thank u!!!!

Sarah V said...

That is sooooo awesome!!!! I abhor shredding chicken....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I am trying this tonight!!