Everyday Mom's Meals: Campbells.....Mmmm Mmmm Good
_____

Monday, April 11, 2011

Campbells.....Mmmm Mmmm Good

Surprisingly though, this recipe contains absolutely no soup. However, it was inspired by a recipe I saw in a Campbells cook book. To be honest, it is an adaption from a few recipes I've come across and I'm putting elements of each into this, making my own original creation:) I don't have many recipes that I can call my very own, and I know all it takes is adjusting one or two ingredients to make them "mine", which I do a lot of the time, I just never think of them like that. But this one I'm taking all the credit for! Adam loves clam sauce, and I've done both white and red versions, but I'm hoping this is "the one". The ones I've made in the past were good, but weren't quite what I was looking for, so I've got my fingers crossed this one is just different enough to become a "go-to" in my repertoire.

Linguine with Red Clam Sauce

2 TBS olive oil
3-4 garlic cloves minced
1 large jar traditional spaghetti sauce
1/2 c. chicken broth or white wine (I will use broth)
1 TBS chopped fresh parsley
2 6 1/2 oz cans minced clams, undrained (depending on the cans I can find, I might adjust this amount)
1 lb. linguine
Grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oil in 2 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until tender, stirring constantly. Stir in sauce, clams, parsley, broth/wine, and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over cooked linguine and top w/ cheese.

No comments: